Welcome to the Batribike Electric Bicycles Blog. We are also on Facebook and Twitter



Friday, 14 September 2012

Interesting Bicycles

When I have been out and about lately I have seen a few interesting bicycles, I thought I would gather them all together here.

This nice 1920's Railwaymans bicycle was propped at the side of one of the engine sheds on the North York Moors Railway.












This is a tricycle inspection trolley used up until 1982 on the Norwegian State Railways. It is capable of speeds up to 20mph and was used for spotting track defects.

It is a lot more primitive than the Batribike Trike which is capable of speeds up to 15 mph under motor assistance. We recommend using the Batribike Trike on roads and cycleways though rather than on rails!






To round of my collection of interesting bikes, a boneshaker. Legend has it that it was built by a gentleman to visit his sweetheart. I wonder what she thought when she saw him coming up the road on this novel new means of transport.

2 comments:

  1. The boneshaker looks very sleek and minimalist. I could see something like that made out of carbon fibre making a retro comback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have since found out that this style was also know as a Velocipede and was first seen around 1865. It does indeed look very stylish, I love that little curl at the front.

      Delete